September 17 2017:

Ahoy again all!

Well I was and am feeling much better after my bought with the plague. So this past Saturday I went ahead and decided to start laminating the starboard gunnel.

Since the notches were cut and ready along the starboard side of the sheer line, I gathered up some of my 1×2’s (two to be exact) and got them somewhat laying in place and prepped for epoxy. I also went ahead and staged my clamps along the side of the boat so I could easily use them after I spread some slightly thickened epoxy along the 1×2’s. To make matters better, I had a buddy of mine come out and help me laminate these timbers to the sheer clamp. It is always a whole lot easier when I can have some help doing this.

Thus with my buddy here to aide me, I began mixing and spreading epoxy along the 1×2’s while Trey manned the clamps. Moving along starting at the bow, I held and maneuvered the pieces into position while he applied the clamps. Unfortunately we ran out of clamps after the first two pieces were applied. I could likely use screws if I wanted to continue but I figured I would only use them if absolutely necessary to giving the maximum amount of space to the epoxy. I can always go back later and sink some screws if I think it is prudent.

Today on Sunday I simply repeated the process, this time only with myself as an aide. Once again I laminated only two pieces as I ran out of clamps again. I was able to make up some fairing epoxy though and fill some areas that needed some attention.

Well until next time!

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *