1-20 August 217

Ahoy everyone sorry for the late bit of posting. I know it has been awhile since I last uploaded an update. For that I am sorry that, and I hope you haven’t all left me and my journey.

Well, I was able to purchase some lumber so that I could laminate the “deck” as the plans call it; something I would more call the gunnel. This lumber I purchased was actually 1×6 select grade pine that I was able to rip into 1×2 lengths to span the port side.

Thus I went ahead and ripped the 1×6 ‘s into 1×2 beams so as to create the gunnels. Yet what I was also left with “scrap” that I could perhaps laminate together to make even more 1×2 beams. So that is what I did; which in essence created at least 3 or 4 more lengths to use for the gunnels.

Using clamps, thickened epoxy and at times screws, I applied these beams to the sheer. Ultimately building up the port side gunnel to the point that it was 6 1×2 lengths thick.

Hopefully I will be able to get more lumber to finish up the port side (only 2 more sections of 1×2) and the starboard side.

On another note, I was able to get a full time position with the National Guard as a training technician. Which will mean that my family and I can breathe a little easier. Thus I will be able to buy more stuff for the boat, however my time to work on it will be somewhat diminished. Hopefully I will be able to balance this new opportunity with my dream of finishing this boat.

Anyways I hope all is well with everyone and I hope to keep all of you updated as things progress.

 

 

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *