30-31 January 2017: Had drill this past weekend but my epoxy and talc showed up Friday, yet I figured on waiting to start shaping the hull.

Yet yesterday and today I mixed up some epoxy and talc and filled in some areas on the bow that needed it. What I learned about mixing talc with epoxy is that it is extremely messy and does not mix as well as cabosil. Further the epoxy seems to eat the talc, as it takes a crapload of it to achieve the desired consistency. Thankfully it is much cheaper than cabosil and hopefully that coupled with it being supposedly easier to sand will make it worthwhile.

Tomorrow I hope to sand the areas I have filled as well as fill new areas on the other side of the hull. Hopefully all will go well.

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *