Very exciting news today all! The inner keel is complete!

Went ahead and epoxied the forward inner keel in place between frame B and A wow, what a difference. She actually has a bow now that appears to want to come to a point lol!

Was not really all that hard to do (or I am getting a lot better at this stuff one of the two). I placed the rear of the forward inner keel on frame B where the notch I cut meets the rest of the laid keel. I then had my lovely wife scribe on Frame A where I needed to cut to ensure a good fit as I held the forward keel. Some extremely thick epoxy was mixed and soon I had it gooped into the crevasses between the keel and the frames and applied.

Now to be honest I was not going to mention this because it is such a novice mistake, anyone who has worked with lumber should know better. I thought I would save some money by purchasing some 1×2 pine from Lowes for the chine logs. I had actually scarphed and epoxied three before I had an epiphany. The plans call for a 2″ wide by ¾” thick chine log, but the 1×2’s I purchased I had not taken into account their nominal thickness. They are actually 1 9/16ths of an inch in width. I mean wow, not taking into account this difference is such a rookie mistake, I mean a 2×4 is the milled and pre dried dimensions of that piece of lumber that actually shrinks after being kiln dried.

So I went ahead and took back the 1×2’s I had not used and purchased more 1×4’s to rip into the correct width. Thankfully I had just purchased them and Lowes was all too happy to accept my return and exchange.

Inner Keel

Bow