Got a "mystery photo" for you today…
And for your answer go see the Stasha!
A few things we know from the guy that passed it to me, or can guess with a close examination:
- Photo was taken in France
- About 7 feet long
- Sail/power/both? Looks like it has pintle mounts for a rudder (sail), but transom is fairly beefy… outboard?
- Looks like its a nesting design (looks to have a ‘break’ at the midpoint.
- Rowlocks – normally nesting boats don’t have a good sitting position for rowing, but…
- No seat evident
- Translucent skin – fabric?
- Interesting diagonal supports for the hull form
- Should be light weight
Anybody want to toss a guess out? Some of the skin-on-frame kayaks seem really neat to me, but haven’t seen it used on a dinghy, especially something that comes apart for storage.