IMG00018-20090818-1940.jpeg

Took a little bit tonight to get the first coat of paint on the starboard rubrail. I know, painting a rubrail is kind of odd, but with the PVC I used, I think it could stand some protection from UV and i looks better to boot.

The question is, of course, how long it will look better. Part of that depends on how often I ram the dock, I’m sure, but I’ve done some testing, and this paint on "roughed up" PVC holds better than I would have thought. I’ve beat and scraped on a sample I did a while back with little effect. We’ll see if the "real thing" holds up as well.

It will take another coat to finish it out, but I think it looks pretty sharp.

Time = 45 minutes