Busy day today…

First off, Dane and I did a lot of work on the aft storage lockers in the sponsons next to the motor mount. I replaced the temporary lids I had made with "finished off" versions. Planed things down to the right height and made a lid that overlaps the edges. This isn’t quite as designed, although the plans were a little unclear to me on the best way. I intend to hinge this lid at the back and let the entire thing lift up.

IMG\_4643.JPG

Did have one slight goof in that we got them just about finished up and in place and I realized that they overlapped into the path of the aft cockpit storage locker lids. Had to trim them back a bit to let things open ok.

We also got the front sampson post in place and ready to bolt. I got the wrong length bolts, so they aren’t fastened, but we’re ready. Fit a piece of ply around it to close off the front "anchor well" opening. It’s not trimmed to fit the sides of the hull yet, but is close.

IMG\_4639.JPG

Did a bit of sanding and fitting around the side windows to clean that up a bit.

Money = $52.55 (wood, nuts, hinges) + $3.68 (tax) = $56.23

Time = 4 hours