After a morning with a school function, Dane installed himself reading a book and I got into boat work (he’s been a little under the weather, so I didn’t have my usual helper).

I spent a while cutting most of the pieces for the port side window frames. Got most all of them cut, including the lap joints. Have to pick up a 2×6 to finish that up, but hopefully those are close.

Moved off of that to trimming the roof at the bow end. I had left it “long” and today Melanie helped me mark the curve and I cut it. Mark the ends and the center point and a nice flexible scrap and I had a line to cut.

Used the jigsaw and have a nice curved roof front. I continue to be impressed by that tool… buy a good jigsaw, you will be amazed by the difference.

img\_4188.jpeg

Really looks different now. I’m going to have to get used to it all over again. When I added the cabin it changed things, but this changes is all over again.

As a side note, when Melanie crawled into the hull to help out, she commented that it was the first time she had been in the boat. I was amazed. She’s around out there a good bit, and I hadn’t be aware she had never “come aboard”. We spent a while talking about some of the interior layout and a few modifications we want to make.

Lastly I cut the floor panel for the head area. That came out fairly nice and easy.

img\_4191.jpeg

Step-by-step.

Time = 2.5 hours