When thinking through the build process so many times over the previous months, there are plenty of problems and "hard parts" I’ve considered. Some haven’t been nearly as difficult as I thought, while other "easy" things have wound up being really tough.

One thing I had never even considered though was that when the hull is upright and you’re working on the inside areas, any sawdust or other trash that you generate winds up in the bilge.

This has already turned into a continuous exercise in vacuuming. Dane’s been great at it, but there are limits to how many times I’ll get him to do the same thing over and over 🙂

Tonight we got the rest of the side deck boards in place and I did an initial pass planing the tops of them down flush and level. A friend loaned me a 3.25" power planer which made this job much faster and easier than using my little 2.5" job.

I took a couple of pictures, but it had gotten too dark and they didn’t turn out well at all. I’ll try to get something better tomorrow.

Time = 2.5 hours