After work a friend came over and we rolled the hull.

Boy, that makes it sound easy, but it really was. As with most things I’ve been doing recently, it didn’t go anything like I had planned. I had made all kind of various plans for building a "roll cage" or various external supports and braces to support the hull while it rolled.

Wound up taking the Nike route and "just doing it" as it were. We parked a heavy vehicle to one side, tied a couple of ropes around the hull and to the come-a-long which was attached to the trailer hitch on the truck.

From that point, Roger, Melanie and I each took a 2×4 and used it as a lever to just pick up one side. That got us several feet up to the point when we ran out of height to keep lifting. After that, a board on a floor jack would let us lift for a foot or so and then put in a brace. Get a longer board for the jack and lift some more. After getting it on up, Roger and I were able to pick up on the side and flip it up on the hull side.

The ropes did just as designed (thanks Roger!) and stopped it from falling.

After that point it was a matter of letting the come-a-long out slowly and letting it down. Right at the end it "rotated" in the ropes and came to rest on the keel, slick as you can please.

I’m really impressed by how strong the hull was. I had put a couple of cross braces back across the sheer at the widest point, but I don’t know that it needed it. The hull didn’t creak or seem to bend. It came over with no damage that I’m aware of. Jacked it up at the stern and slid under my rear cradle.

Jacked a bit more at the stern and could put in the mid-point cradle. Then a couple of people hanging on the transom would bring the bow up enough to get the jack under the bow. Put in the forward cradle and tied them together with some boards on the sides.

Stood around in the hull for a bit, explaining what goes where. It seems MUCH bigger now 🙂

Yes, I’m happy!