Got to take a handful of hours this afternoon and did a bit more boat work.

I ordered some more epoxy (1.5 gallons) and 5 quarts Aerosil/Cabosil filler material the other day and it came in yesterday, so I could do some more epoxy work. I ordered from U.S. Composites, Inc. this time. Pricing on the epoxy was about the same, the Cabosil was cheaper as was shipping. Figured I would give them a try. Also picked up some fiberglass cloth "tape" to use in a few places for fillets, etc.

Mixed up some batches and filled in the "crack" down the centerline where the hull bottom panels meet at the inner keel. I originally was going to wait to fill this until the next layer was on, but I decided it would be better to make sure it was reasonably filled now. Depending on how the next layer fits, there may be nooks and crannies that are hard to get to. This "filling" was more for waterproofing and to have a good seal there instead of adhesion, but I figure it won’t hurt.

Looks nasty here, but it actually filled in well and with some sanding all will be ready for the next layer.

Also trimmed and planed a lot on the bow pieces. Some more epoxy to fix a couple of small problem places, and a lot of planing to make those twisted panels fair in better with the sides. I’m still not 100% sure how its all supposed to come together at the bow, but I guess I’ll figure it out when it all meets up, if nothing else.

Money = $102.05 + $11.61 (shipping) = $113.66

Time = 3.5 hours