So, what have I been up to? A couple of things… the biggest has been trying to find a source of wood. I have a couple of sources, and am waiting on a couple of bids from out of state. It would ease my mind to know where I can get affordable wood, but I’m sure I’ll find something.

If you’re on the west coast or New England area, you don’t know how lucky you are if you are wanting to build a boat 🙂 I have gotten in touch with another couple of builders in my area, and hope that we can share leads, etc. It’s always good to know somebody else "local" who is trying to do these things.

Other than that, I decided to use Google’s Sketchup product to build a "model" of the craft. This has proven to be a big help in being able to visualize things, how parts fit together, etc.

Here’s an example of the frames lined up on their "strongback". Obviously the strongback doesn’t have to really exist 🙂

It’s a lot cheaper to mess up here and fix things than to mess up real wood. Expect to see this model grow as things progress.